The tasks you're probably forgetting are:
These tasks are difficult to remember because they're so infrequent, but keeping up on the maintenance will not only extend the life of your appliances, but it will also help them run more efficiently. To remind yourself to do them, Apartment Therapy recommends setting up an email reminder, which we covered a few ways to set up in the past , or by making a note on the calendar of your choice. Photos by John Bracken ,R/DV/RS , Richard Smith , Amy West , and Bruno Longo .
- Flip the mattress (every three months).
- Replace batteries in your smoke alarm (every three months).
- Change your water filter (every two to six months).
- Change your air filter (every two to six months).
- Clean your fridge coils (once a year).
Set Regular Email Reminders for These 5 Home Maintenance Tasks | Apartment Therapy